Second Annual Virtual Vacation Day is March 30!
A virtual vacation means that you don’t have to pack or plan or spend any money! If you have the right equipment, you can “travel” anywhere, enjoying all kinds of virtual reality adventures from the comfort of your home. The equipment involves a headset (goggles) and smartphone (iPhone or Android) or computer. The cost varies greatly depending on the equipment. For example, Samsung Gear VR headset is $79 vs. $500 for Oculus Rift. The MacDaddy of VR is HTC Vive, which is a virtual reality system. It comes with a headset, wireless controllers, and base stations. You can do just about anything with this VR system, including climb Mount Everest and participate in a zombie apocalypse. This is virtual reality at its best! But the cost is all too real at $800.
Industry analysts are predicting that 35 million VR headsets will be sold by 2020 & sales will soar to $150 billion for VR gear by 2020. Keep reading to learn how to win a FREE VR headset & more!
But there are plenty of other opportunities for virtual travel that you can take advantage of right now without buying expensive VR equipment–ranging from virtual tours to webcams. If you’d like to explore New York’s Times Square or enjoy a gondola ride in Venice:
A cool new VR tool I like is the Timelooper app (free at Google Play & iTunes) It is a destination-based time travel app, so instead of visiting the Tower of London in 2016, Timelooper allows you to visit it in 1255. Timelooper offers many VR time travel possibilities. Thomas Cook travel company features virtual travel booths at some of their stores and Marriott currently has two virtual travel booths, Teleporters, that are on a traveling exhibit across the U.S. Why? Enjoying a virtual swim with dolphins or a virtual Alaskan cruise makes participants want to do it for real.
VIRTUAL VACATION DAY CONTEST INFORMATION
EVERYONE WHO ENTERS IS A WINNER! YES, YOU READ THAT RIGHT.
If you are signed up for my blog, Terrance Talks Travel, you are already a winner. Congratulations! Additional prizes will be awarded, accordingly:
Two Ways to Win – Five Great Prizes!
1. Sign up for TERRANCE TALKS TRAVEL weekly newsletter if you aren’t already a subscriber. In addition to getting my great TRIP PICKS and travel tips, everyone on the mailing list (as of 11:59 pm on 3/30) will win my brand new book, HOW TO FLY CHEAP! , which is book two in my CHEAP TRAVEL SERIES. After reading this book, I guarantee you will always pay the cheapest fare. I reveal resources and strategies the airlines definitely do NOT want you to know about, but I don’t mind telling you. I want you to be a frugal and savvy traveler! That’s why I’m giving you this great reference. Did you know that using popular sites that claim to have the lowest fares, such as Expedia and Orbitz, almost never have the lowest fares? The same is true with many aggregators. Using a consolidator is a much better option and I have included a great list of reputable ones. Learn how to get upgraded to first class flights for cheap or FREE! Find out about amazing apps, programs, and techniques you that will make flying fun again, or at least not the misery it has become for so many fliers. Discover how NOT to get stuck at an airport due to a delayed or canceled flight ever again…and so much more!
2. Use the comment box at the bottom of this post to share your virtual vacation plans. Remember that the only limitation is your own imagination! With a virtual vacation, any adventure is possible. Everyone who comments gets a BONUS entry in the contest, thereby increasing your chances of winning!
Plus, all subscribers are automatically entered in a random drawing to WIN the Grand Prize: VersionTech 2nd 360° Viewing Immersive Virtual Reality Headset VR Goggle Box 3D Glasses Compatible with iPhone 7 Plus/ 6s Plus Samsung Galaxy Series and Other Smartphones (see image below). First Prize: Kindle Fire Tablet. Load this device with books, movies, games, travel apps, music, and tv shows to be ready for any trip. Second Prize is a set of TERRANCE TALKS TRAVEL books. Third Prize is a Travel Tote Bag. Your Kindle, and a whole lot more will fit into this big, durable travel tote.
The drawing will be held on 3/31 and the winners will be announced in the April newsletter.
If you’re already on the mailing list you don’t have to do anything except to share this post with a friend so he or she can a free copy of HOW TO FLY CHEAP! and get my weekly travel tips and TRIP PICKS newsletter. If you post a comment sharing your dream vacation or ideal adventure, you will be entered again to WIN– thereby increasing your odds of winning! Also, my favorite VVD entry will receive a MYSTERY PRIZE!
For those planning on going on a ‘real’ vacation this year, I have included some helpful resources (see below). Plus, there are hundreds more on www.terrancetalkstravel.com, including FREE DOWNLOADABLE TRAVEL REPORTS:
- Five Things You Should Always Pack
- Top Ten Travel Tips
- Planning a Disney Vacation
- Five Ways to Rock Your Vacation Video
- Terrance Talks Travel Guidebooks
- TEN TRAVEL RESOURCES YOU ARE MISSING OUT ON!
- Sign Up For This Service and Get FREE Travel
- AAA Travel Planning
- Planning a Caribbean Vacation
- TSA Carry On Luggage: Permitted & Prohibited
- Top Travel Planning Sites
- My Five Favorite Flying Tips
- Cheap Travel Tip: 10 Ways to Save Big $$$
- Best Adventure Cruise
- Trip Advisor
- My Fifteen Favorite Travel Apps
- How To Get a U.S. Passport
- My Five Favorite Cheap Hotel Hacks
- Terrance Talks Travel: Über Adventures Show
- 60 Packing Tips
- List of U.S. Beach Resorts
- Travel Shows on TV
- You Tube Travel Channel
- List of U.S. Travel & Tourism Offices
- What You Need to Know Before You Go to Disney
- Camping USA
Just for fun…
Contest Terms and Conditions The prize(s) are not redeemable for cash or transferable. If there is any issue (such as a manufacturer's defect or shipping damage) with the VR headset or Kindle Fire, it is not the responsibility of TERRANCE TALKS TRAVEL. It is up to the prize recipient to resolve the matter with Amazon. If the specified prize is unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, another prize of similar or equal value may be substituted. Prizewinner(s) will be determined by random drawing (unless otherwise specified). Prizewinner(s) will be notified by email. If an email is not included in the entry, the entrant will be disqualified. Multiple entries are not acceptable (unless otherwise specified). Entries that do not adhere to the terms of the contest will be disqualified. All prizes will be shipped by 4/30/17 so long as a valid shipping address was provided by the winner upon notification of winning said prize. If a response has not been received to the winning notification by 4/24, another winner will be selected. Shipping issues must be resolved through Amazon, not TERRANCE TALKS TRAVEL.