There are tons of fun things to do at Christmas time across the U.S. but here are a few of my favorites:
- Christmas at Biltmore. This 8,000 acre estate will be decorated to the hilt with close to fifty trees and thousands of ornaments and miles of ribbons, garland, and lights. There are two options. First, you can do a daytime tour or you can participate in a Candlelight Christmas Evening (included with your daytime tour ticket). It includes evening access to the Winery (including complimentary wine tasting and winery tour), Antler Hill Village, estate shops and restaurants, and The Vanderbilts at Home and Abroad exhibition. Buy your tickets today as this will sell out quickly. 11/6 – 1/10. www.biltmore.com/visit
- Christmas Town USA. A small North Carolina town is transformed into Christmas Town on December 1st every year. Visitors will see more than 400 Christmas trees adorned with close to 500,000 lights. There is also a Yule Ceremony and Christmas Festival. FREE! 12/1 – 12/26. http://www.mcadenville-christmastown.com/
- Busch Gardens becomes “Christmas Town” during the holidays. Enjoy Christmas shows, holiday dining and shopping, and more than eight million lights. 11/27 – 1/3. www.christmastown.com/va.
- Festival of Lights. This year marks the 26th annual Festival of Light’s at James Island, South Carolina. Located just a few miles from Charleston, James Island County Park is the place in South Carolina to celebrate the season. Visitors will enjoy the festival’s 750 displays (!) and two million lights. www.ccpr.com/1546/festivaloflights
- Christmas at DisneyWorld. No one knows how to do Christmas like Mickey Mouse. Choose from many options, such as Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, Jingle Cruise, Frozen Sing Along Celebration, Holidays Around the World at Epcot, Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights (array of dancing lights, dazzling displays, music, and more) at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Another option is the Candlelight Processional. Participants will hear the story of Christmas recounted by a celebrity narrator and set to the classical sounds of a 50-piece orchestra and mass choir. /https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/holidays/