If you’re looking for fun things to do this fall in the Carolinas, look no further:
1. Outer Banks Pirate Festival (NC) on September 13 – 15 is great for all ages. Learn about our fascinating pirate history though storytelling, reenactments and shows. FREE. www.outerbankspiratefestival.com
2. Taste of Charleston (SC) is brought to you by Southern Living Magazine. It will be held at the historic Boone Hall Plantation on September 28 – 30. http://www.charlestonrestaurantassociation.com/taste-of-charleston/ More than 50 restaurants will be particupating. Tickets are only $15 or $20 at the door. From September 21 – October 28, Fall Tours of Homes & Gardens will also be going on. http://www.preservationsociety.org
3. Wilmington (NC) Wine and Beer Walk is hosting a self-guided tasting tour of the port city’s best bars and restaurants ($15pp or $25 for two). Lots of other activities are taking place during that time, including Battleship Alive (living history interpreters and special events aboard the USS North Carolina). September 29. www.wineandbeerwalk.com and www.battleshipnc.com
4. 53rd Annual Arts & Crafts Festival will be happening on October 6 – 7 in Hendersonville, NC. FREE. www.acofhc.org
5. 34th Annual Pumpkin Festival will be held on October 13 in Pumpkintown, SC (I kid you not!) The town is located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, so in addition to food, entertainment, music, and arts & crafts, participants can enjoy fall foliage. FREE. Hwy 135 and Oolenoy Church Road, Pumpkintown, SC 29661.