Answer these ten questions to find out your traveler profile.
- How would you most like to spend a day?
a. hiking or biking a nature trail b. shopping c. strolling through a garden d. attending a free concert or museum
2. What kind of drink do you prefer?
a. specialty martini b. Chateau d’Yquem sauterne c. champagne d. beer
3. What is your dream vacation?
a. camping b. five-star resort stay c. hotel room with fireplace and big bathtub d. Caribbean cruise
4. What smell most appeals to you?
a. bonfire b. sizzling steak c. rose garden d. clean laundry
5. What is your favorite season?
a. spring b. winter c. fall d. summer
6. Which would you rather walk on barefoot?
a. grass b. mosaic floor c. carpet d. sand
7. Whose music are you most likely to listen to?
a. U2 b. Puccini c. Andrea Bocelli d. Alicia Keys
8. What flowers do you prefer?
a. wildflowers b. Dendrobium orchids c. long-stemmed roses d. tulips
9. What are you most likely to choose off the menu?
a. sushi b. risotto with truffles c. oyster on the half shell d. cheeseburger
10. Which male celebrity would you most like to spend time with?
a. Richard Branson b. George Clooney c. Ben Affleck d. Will Smith
ANSWERS: If you picked mostly…
(a): You are an adventure traveler with a love of the great outdoors and new experiences. You’re happiest when you’re off the beaten path and trying some new activity.
(b): You are a luxury traveler who wants the best of everything. But you do keep an eye on the cost trying to get the best for the best price. No matter where you go you like to be where the action is.
(c): You are a romantic traveler. You’re happiest traveling with your significant other and don’t need anyone else. You like the romantic touches, such as walks on the beach, sitting by the fire, and candlelit dinners.
(d) You are a budget traveler. You are willing to forego a lot of creature comforts just to be able to go. You don’t mind staying in a three-star hotel rather than a five-star hotel or staying in an inside cabin rather than having a balcony suite on a cruise. But you will splurge when it is something you really want to do. You are also savvy about research so that you can get the best price possible.
*Not surprisingly, I am an Adventure Traveler but also a Budget Traveler. Nothing wrong with any of these profiles in my book so long as you are some kind of traveler! Note: This quiz was found on About.com
If you’re still not convinced what type of traveler you are or didn’t like your profile, try again.
I also found this fun quiz in Huffington Post.
- Before you visit a new destination, do you conduct research and make a list of things to see and do, so that your time is well spent?
YES or NO
2. Once you return home from a trip, what’s the first thing you do?
a. Start organizing your next trip
b. organize your photos and post them on Facebook
c. Spend a lot of time thinking about and remembering the trip
3. When you get downtime on vacation do you prefer to…
a. relax in the lounge of your hotel reading a good book or people watching
b. wander the nearby streets
c. take a nap
4. On a guided tour if things don’t go according to the itinerary do you…
a. demand a refund
b. get annoyed
c. go with the flow
5. When deciding where to travel do you choose a place that is…
a. as distant as possible from where you live
b. as different from your own culture as possible
c. it doesn’t matter about distance or cultural difference
Note: There’s nothing wrong with being a tourist or a traveler but it is important to recognize your type so you pick the right kind of travel for your personality.
ANSWERS: 1. yes=tourist and no=traveler; 2. a=tourist and b=both and c=traveler; 3. a=tourist and b=traveler and c=everyone gets tired so not indicative of your type; 4. a=tourist and b=tourist and c=traveler; 5. a=tourist and b=tourist and c=traveler