Do you make New Year’s resolutions? Most folks don’t anymore. They think it’s pointless. Not true! I love sitting down and writing out my resolutions for the next year. If you don’t have goals, which is what resolutions are, how can you achieve anything? I think the problem is that people make unobtainable resolutions, such as losing a bunch of weight or getting a better job. These are ambiguous goals. You need to be clear and specific. Most importantly, they should be goals you care about achieving. If you have no real intention of changing your eating habits or exercising daily, then you are NOT going to lose weight. Duh! If you don’t have a plan as to how to get a “better” job, then how can it happen? I say “Get Real!” If one of your resolutions is to travel more, but that never seems to happen, why not? People usually say they don’t have the money or time or someone to go with or such. Again, let me say, “Get Real!”
Let’s do this together. Let’s make a resolution to travel more and let’s do it. Okay, so I’m already doing it. But my resolution is to make sure that y’all also do it. I’m going to make it so easy. Let me count the ways:
1. Daily #terrancetalkstravel tips @terrancezepke (free travel and cheap travel tips and resources)
2. Inspiration and ideas are available anytime on my many www.pinterest.com/terrancezepke TRAVEL boards
3. Sign up for my free weekly newsletter to receive my blog posts about all things TRAVEL.
4. Check out my TRIP PICK OF THE WEEK for fantastic, incredible, fun, cool…trips EVERY single week!
5. Listen to my new TRAVEL show on Blog Talk Radio, TERRANCE TALKS TRAVEL: Uber Adventures. I will share all kinds of adventures for all kinds of travelers. You won’t believe some of these!!! I am so psyched about this show because I have such great guests and topics–you don’t want to miss it! To hear the show go to www.blogtalkradio.com/terrancetalkstravel
There are links to Twitter, Pinterest, Uber Adventures, Trip Pick of the Week, and my newsletter sign up on my homepage, www.terrancetalkstravel.com
Listen, this is going to be a big year for travel, thanks to FIVE things:
1. According to most analysts, U.S. growth is going to be the highest in the world for 2015. Growth=consumer confidence=travel!
2. Gas prices decline. Gas prices are at their lowest in more than six years!
3. Air safety has improved drastically. There hasn’t been a crash of a U.S. passenger plane in more than six years. Also, there is more confidence in airport security and TSA.
4. Ebola fears are fading. Nearly 50% of Americans feared traveling just a couple of months ago because of Ebola. And many were fearful of an epidemic here in the States. There were only a handful of Ebola cases here and most were medical workers who were brought here for treatment (because we have the most effective treatment for the disease, which means nearly no fatalities from it).
5. Cruise ship production. The cruise lines are rolling out many new cruise ships in 2015 with more on order. These ships carry 2,500 – 4,000 passengers. That’s a lot of cabins to fill! Plus, there will be super deals on older ships to ensure they stay full. Carnival alone has ten ships on the way. Also, cruising is more popular than ever. They are floating resorts, which many consider more about the journey than the destination. With casinos, spas, nightclubs, rock climbing walls, movie theaters, bowling alleys, golf simulators, shopping malls, and more, it’s hard to disagree!
So, stick with me and I will make sure that at least one or two things on your travel bucket list are checked off this year. I hope to give you ideas about places and adventures you didn’t even know about! So, dust off your suitcase and get ready to GO!