1. It’s REALLY, REALLY BIG. DisneyWorld is a little over forty miles. That’s bigger than many cities!
2. THEY EMPLOY ALOT OF FOLKS. Disney is the biggest employer for any one location in America. DisneyWorld has more than 60,000 employees.
3. $$$. It’s the most expensive theme park in the U.S. Admission tickets used to cost less than $5 back in the 1970s, but now cost close to $100 for adults.
4. Sleep like a princess. Most folks know that they can dine at Cinderalla’s Castle but did you know that you can sleep there too? But not just anyone. Drawings are done daily to select the lucky winners of overnight stays.
5. They’re environmentally friendly, sort of. A few miles south of DisneyWorld lies the Disney Wilderness Preserve. It is a 12,000-acre wetlands project initiated by Disney as compensation for the negative impact that the resort has on the environment.
For more on DisneyWorld, check out www.disneyworld.disney.go.com