Travel is a bit like a drug. Once you start, it can be difficult to stop, and the more you do it, the more you want to keep doing it. Go without it for long enough, and you may just find yourself in a pawn shop with your significant other’s fancy watch and a fistful of Great Aunt Gertrude’s silver in an effort to plan your next escape. What are the symptoms of addiction? Besides hoarding travel shampoo, packing a suitcase to go grocery shopping and dealing with “the shakes” when you’re grounded for too long, we wanted to know what qualifies you as a travel addict. So we put out a call to our loyal readers to come up with common signs that someone may need to stage an intervention on your behalf. Here’s how they filled in the following blank:
6. “… you’re planning one trip while on another!” — @missyfarrenPR on Twitter
7. “… you already know the airport codes for airports you’ve not yet visited.” — Jo Ann Slate
It helps to make flashcards.
8. “… you can pick up your luggage and guess, within a few ounces, the weight.” — Barbara Calder
Great news! She just saved a lot of money on her baggage fees.
9. “… you start collecting small, clear plastic bags for check-in.” — @MonicaSarkar on Twitter
Next week, on “Hoarders”…
10. “… you sit down at your desk and reach for the seatbelt.” — Alan G.
Imagine his confusion if he actually found it.
11. “… waking up at home feels strange.” — Jeff
Only if you went to sleep elsewhere.
12. “… your cubicle at work is covered in postcards.” — @DanielleRauch on Twitter
Because a little coworker jealousy never hurt anyone.
13. “… you think about getting a small airplane tattoo for your ankle.” — Diane
But did she go through with it?
14. “… you always have at least two bags at home: one in ‘unpack’ mode and one in ‘packed and ready to go’ mode.” — Bruce
Let’s just hope he never accidentally grabs the wrong one.
15. “… you know which customs agents to avoid!” — @MayDayTravel on Twitter
One too many Cuban cigars, eh?
16. “… the only reason you work is so you can afford to upgrade your next trip.” — Marvin
*Traveler Poll taken by www.IndependentTraveler.com